Unfortunately, our season came to an abrupt halt with the current uprising of Covid😞. However, I think that we can conclude that the season was a success in spite of the starts and stops👌. We were able to get 95% of the season under our belts and have a 🥌”Friendly” with MGCC and two 🏆🏆Trophy Spiels. All in all, a successful season! This is my last weekly message 😥 and it is mainly designed to give THANKS to those who helped make the season such a success:
- First and foremost, THANKS 👍to JOE CARUSO for his commitment to Humber Seniors and for looking after SOOOOOOO many details (If I list them, I will likely leave some out, so I just leave it as “SOOOOOOO many details”).
- THANKS to our Executive Team – 👍HUGH GOODWILLIE, DOUG MARTIN, LARRY CHARBONNEAU, JOHN PAGE, BOB HAND, JOHN RUDD, JOE CARUSO, BRUCE WITHER, BEVIS BROWNE, and HAL DICKOUT for their ongoing contributions to the day-to-day details of running Humber Seniors.
- THANKS to those who looked after the details for the “Friendly” and Trophy Spiels – 👍BRUCE WITHER, CRAIG FRANKLIN, BOB HAND, and JOE CARUSO.
- THANKS to the the man who has looked after our money vault for SOOOOOOO long -👍JOHN PAGE. John is looking forward to giving the keys to the vault to HAL DICKOUTgoing forward.
- THANKS to 👍DOUG MARTIN for looking after the luncheons – another stop and start venture, and for the connection with Delmanor, who were prepared to sponsor our Spring Luncheon.
- THANKS to 👍BOB HAND and BRUCE WITHER for finding ways to raise funds to help leave our financial situation in a very good position.
- THANKS to our gals ❤️CHIQUITA, DOLLY, MARILYN, and MARION for being “one of the guys” – we hope there will be more of the “softer” (and prettier) sex in Humber Seniors going forward.
Lastly, a HUGE THANKS to👌 ALL HUMBER SENIORS MEMEBERS for your support and cooperation throughout the season. Your cautious approach to the Pandemic and your vigilance has allowed us to go safely throughout the season without a transmission of the virus. THANK YOU!
As we wind down, we have no details yet of our arrangements with MGCC for the 2022-2023 season, but we have been informed that MGCC is looking forward to having us back next season🙂.
This is my last message to you as President. I know that you will give your full support to your new President, DOUG MARTIN, and his Team going forward. THANKS for all your support to this lowly lead!
Have a GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT summer, enjoy the golf season ⛳, and stay safe.
Happy Easter Blessings,
Gratitude unlocks the fulness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity, It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.
We had hoped to finish this season of curling with a flourish! But, unfortunately we have had to readjust to keep everyone safe and healthy.😞
Curling at MGCC for Monday has been cancelled for Humber Seniors and our Inter-League teams.😢
We have also cancelled our usual Monday curling at Flowertown and our usual Wednesday Afternoon curling at Dixie. 😪 Our Executive is meeting by ZOOM tomorrow afternoon to discuss the balance of the week at MGCC, so stay tuned.
Thanks to Joe, here are the standings for the Spring Season so far:
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNERS OF THE “FRIENDLY”!
1st Place -Tom Erwin, Bob Hand, Bill Lynes, Allan Methven🥇
2nd Place – Richard Lindsay, Clive Dunstan, Ted Rouse, Peter Braund🥈
3rd Place – Lou Scaglione, Hugh Goodwillie, Larry Humphries, Earl Nixon🥉
50/50 Winner Stu Hutchison of MG&CC🎉
The Tom Erwin team was the top skills winner!🏆
Individual winners at each position:
Lead: Charles Low (MGCC)🥌
Second: Roman Kozanczyn (MGCC)🥌
Vice: Glenn Pollinger (MGCC)🥌
Skip: Tom Irwin (HSCC)🥌
We are also pleased to report that our 50/50 Draw 💲💲 provided $265 to our club and the sale of Maple Leaf Tickets went for $160 💲💲. A BIG THANKS 👍to Bruce Wither, Bob Hand, and Joe Caruso (with help from our MGCC cousins) for making this event such a success.
Please remember our Spring luncheon on Thursday, April 14th. We will communicate further info on Tuesday after our Executive ZOOM Meeting on Monday.
Very little is needed to make a happy life: it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking!